Tuesday, October 11, 2005

So after my one interview I knew that I had to go to at least one other station to get a counter offer I could bargain off of. So the first Place I hit when I got home and picked up Heather was the Wild Rover...It's this great place only a walk away from our apartment...
When we went inside we found it to be a pleasant Irish pub and ordered a couple Pumpkinhead Ales...the bartender, Nathan, was pretty busy but he had enough time to tell me about the Black and Tan and it's origins. (A member of a paramilitary force recruited in Britain and sent to Ireland as part of the Royal Irish Constabulary to suppress the Sinn Fein rebellion of 1919 to 1921) and even though it is taboo in some Irish pubs it now means a Bass Ale on the bottom and a Guinness on top to show Ireland's superiority to England.Which I decided to order a variation of it in a Pumpkinhead Ale on the bottom and Guinness on top. Because, you know what? I'm not to fond of the English either (Wankers)And while I was imbibing the wonderful mixture of stout and pumkin flavoring we met some guys who had lived in Charleston as well and they had moved back recently before us...Mikey the short one introduced me to a drink called "Tawaka"...I didn't get the spelling and when I google it I only get references of a special bird...I don't want no stinking bird I want a liquor with a Grand Marnierflavor in the beginning but ends with the taste of butterscotch...Mmmmmm...anyway it is supposed to be a great Italian drink and Mikey and his buddy Billy love it...There was one girl who walked into the place that got every guy to look her way...She wasn't very attractive but she was wearing a shirt (if you could call it that) that covered her sides but revealed her front so much so that it left little to the imagination...I was allowed to mention that it was to cold to wear that but could not take a pictue...Mikey did get her number so he could probably tell you more about her...Tommorrow I continue my search for the dream job...hope I'm not hung-over.

1 comment:

The Bauders said...

I think the spelling you're looking for is Tuaca - but as far as Italian Liquors go, I prefer DiSorono...SuperDave Griffin introduced me to that stuff in NYC. Give it a shot next time you're out.