Sunday, December 04, 2005

Went to Quincy

This is "The Birth Place of the American Dream" and I was there to find a car chase...after the car chase was over I was looking for where the chase began...When I got there I discovered that this was not the first exciting thing to happen in Quincy...In the same square where the police chase had begun was a church where John Hancock's father was the preacher...and across the street was a cemetary filled with fathers of patriots including Henry Adams, the first Adams to live in Quincy, the ancestor to John Adams, Josiah Quincy and Colonel John Quincy, the person the town is named after...Yeah I guess he used to be famous but now he's just a footnote in The Adams president's ancestry.

I also discovered Quincy is where Dunkin Donuts started...

No comments: