Thursday, November 10, 2005

THE SMELL OF FALL

I was working today when I came upon a smell I remember fully from a few years ago...FALL...It's something you can't imagine in the South...(must be the humidity or something)It is hard to explain what autumn smells like to people who haven't experienced it among tons of hardwood trees all changing into brilliant oranges, reds, and yellows...In fact a lot of people probably miss it because they pay so much attention to the colors...But me...I love the smell...it reminds me of life growing up in central NY...the woodstove...gathering wood...wool socks...cold fingers...If I had to describe it...it is like a combination of inhaling deeply on top of a tree...and the smell of fertile ground between your fingers, mixed with a slightly burnt smell...That is the closest I can come to the smell of FALL...

1 comment:

Sinan said...

Nice pictures :)