Thursday, November 03, 2005

THE PEOPLE I MEET #5

Well... if your at any kind of sports game you're going to meet some interesting folks...And I did.
First On the list is an old friend Chris who used to work at my first station...He now is working for the CBS in town and has a new baby...It was good to see him and it was especially funny since we spent a large portion of our time in Plattsburgh at the basketball court facing off...
I spent some time behind the scenes at the game and watched the halftime show practice...Duncan and the rest of these guys are The Keith King BMX Stunt Show and they just got off the contest circuit...even though they get together for these shows they live all over the place...Colorado to North Carolina...They almost didn't go on because the Garden wasn't going to let them use a rug on the floor...but they went on after a little debate with the floor people...And the crowd enjoyed them...
I also hung out while the cheerleaders were practicing their holds...Dave and Naomi are usually paired together because it is a lot easier to get used to one anothers moves...He tells me he can switch hands up to fourteen times with this trick...she says all she does is stand there...it is one of the easiest tricks for her compared to the flips...I wouldn't want to attempt it...especially for the $50 a game they get...whew...Dave says that most of the guys have other jobs and that its mostly a hobby...the girls are mostly in college...Pretty good hobby
On my trip back from the game I ran into Chuck...He's from Haverhill and when he saw my camera phone told me that he was in the military when they were testing out different ways to send images long distances...and that his work was probably what led to my camera phone and subsequently my blog so I should thank him...Then he went into a rant about how stupid Boston was when it came to infrastructure...He says that the year before Ike passed the Federal Highway Act giving tons of Federal money to states for highways Massachutsets started their highway construction and therefore got no money...and the traffic problem continues...

No comments: