Friday, October 14, 2005

The People I Meet #4

So I drove into Boston to do an interview but just as I reached the briidge into Boston I got a call from the guy saying it would have to wait until next week because he had to run over to "Wusta" Mass. So I decided to try and figure out the commuter rail system and got completely lost in Lowell, Mass...I found a comic book shop and went in to ask for directions out of Lowell...that's where I met Larry Doherty, the proprietor of Larry's Wonderful World of Comics...He asks me if I'm new to town and I tell him about myself...Once I'm done he says, "Give me your resume, I got a buddy of mine that might be able to get it in the right hands." I think, "Why not?" since I had a cancelled interview I just happened to have a tape and resume in the car...So I get it for him...then he says he's gonna do some research over the weekend about which commuter rail stop I should take and so I should call him on Monday. (If you need something done, go to your local comic book shop...It's where things happen)...
Larry and a couple of buddies are starting a comic book and it happens to be called Wicked Good Comics...A great name for a comic book about the area...the issue I feature such jarring images as NY Yankee Vampires, and a badmouthed monkey in the Marathon...I think it seems like a "Wicked Good" start.As I left the store I realized I never found the commuter rail and I still had no idea how to get out of Lowell...It's a good thing I have Hooter on the line so when I am lost in any city in America...He can guide me out of there...Thanks Hooter, See you in a couple hoursI'm now off to Plattsburgh (see map below)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Lowell is next to the town where I grew up. This trip gets stranger by the day.

Boston B via Chas-town