Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Southern Harmony Chorus

We had a group of serenading singing ladies at the television station today...they were there to answer the phones for our Hurricane relief hotline...
but before that they harmonized for Bill Sharpe with an acapella version of "When I'm 64", a Beatles song I'm rather partial to after hearing it from these members of the local chapter of the Sweet Adelines International...
They're recruiting and want people to get involved...and when I told them I was moving on the day of one of their performances they volunteered to help me move if I went to their performance...
I spoke to three ladies in the front table answering phones and Helen, Edie, and Evelyn had a hard time singing for the camera and answering phones...That was partially because just before they were about to sing the anchors would tell everyone to call in for hurricane relief...At one point it looked like there would be dead air because all of them were on the phone but they just started singing with the phones in their hand...They get and A for effort and a Plus for singing Beatles tunes

No comments: