Saturday, March 04, 2006

MARCH 4th 1981

This would be my sister, Sara's, 25th birthday...
She was a singer...She loved Dolly Parton...She was loud...She was messy...She had sparkling blue eyes...She had curly, curly hair...
At the time I was 16 and thought she was annoying...She was only 12 and followed me around like a shadow...We were a lot in common...Neither one of us really fit in...
The last day I saw her I recorded her singing, "Working 9 to 5" one of Dolly Parton's songs...the tape has since gone missing due to it being evidence and it being a long time since the case has been left unfinished...
On August 18th 1993 she was stolen from my family by Lewis Lent...a Massachusetts man who is suspected of killing other children before her...He has never told us where we can find her body...
Since February 3rd 2006 Sara has been dead longer than she was alive...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Sara. She was very playful, but not as mischeivious as you, Dusty. She always admired our drawings. I'm sure Sara's checking your blog from heaven - as one of your biggest fans. It's hard to imagine her as being 25, and already enjoying eternity with the Lord.

Anonymous said...

If it is any comfort at all I am still performing physical ground searches of known locations that L.L. frequented. May God bless all of you surrounded by this loss.