Wednesday, November 23, 2005

WORKING 11/23/2005

Today was a tough one to work...My story was about this dog the police found on the railroad tracks outside of Boston...It probably had been hit by a train and was really wounded when the police found it...I went to the animal hospital to get some video of the dog and the hardest thing was seeing this dog...(a beautiful black lab) walk weakly into the room...with a gash running all around his belly to his back...and the most heart breaking part was when he looked at me and tried to lick his chops and because of the four breaks in his jaw all I heard was cracking and he had a ton of blood pouring out of his nose and mouth...The tough thing is that they need to find the owner to pay for an extensive operation to put his face right...($6000) and will probably have to put him down if they can not find the owner...Kind of frustrating because I bet the owner knows their dog has been hurt but won't claim it because they don't want to spend the money...If I had a dog I would have it microchipped...

No comments: