Friday, November 25, 2005

BALLET IS THE WAY

I went to the newly refurbished Opera House on Washington Street in Boston (which happened to be built in 1928 in honor of the "Father of Vaudeville" B.F.Keith by his business partner Edward Albee, vaudevillian great: I met Edward Albee, his son, the author of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf when he gave a talk about playwriting in Herkimer a couple of years ago...Really nice guy.) and got to be witness to a great experience...
I enjoyed an up-close preview of tonight's opening performance of the Nutcracker...It is running until New Years and I hope to bring my wife to a show...
The theatre looks great and everything is shiny and gold-coloured...
The funny thing was watching the choreographer screaming at the dancers when they went off-step...I think that might have enhanced the experience for me...

No comments: